Monday, September 9, 2013

Peppers, Projects and Parish Council

Wow, here it is Monday already.  What happened to the weekend??  Today I am going to pickle some peppers.  My CSA has provided me with lots of peppers so I had to figure out what to do with them.  I have never had pickled peppers before, other than pickled jalapeno's that I needed for a recipe once, but they sound good and I think I may be able to use them on an antipasto plate or with salads so I am going to give it a try.
 
First I gathered all my assorted peppers and washed them.
 
 
Then I sliced, diced and chunked so I would have color and texture in each jar.
 
 
I only had 3 jalapeno's left so I left them whole, slicing a slit in them so they would get pickled inside too.  I placed these in three of the jars for hot pickles.
 
 
I processed them for 10 min. in a boiling water bath.
I followed this recipe that I found doing a google search.
 
I hope to finish a Christmas gift I have been working on today and tonight John and Kirsten are coming to stay with Mom while Frank and I go to our Parish Council Meeting.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.