Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Flying Friends, Found Friends, Faithful Friends, Family Friends

I am driving Kim to the airport this morning.  She is flying out to Alabama to see her Dad's family.  This is a pleasure trip, not a work trip, so she doesn't get reimbursed for parking.  I am happy to drive her because it will give us time to visit.

Once I drop her off I am heading to a local restaurant, Sugarbush Tavern, to meet an old friend, Susan, for lunch.  We found each other on fb.  The last time we spent time together was when we were in 3rd grade!!!  We were best friends and inseparable from 1st to 3rd grade and then I switched schools and we lost touch with each other.  I am looking forward to reconnecting.

I would normally be working the Backpack Program but my friend, Linda, graciously offered to cover for me so that I could meet up with Susan.

We are having choir practice tonight since Thursday is Halloween.  Our friend, John, is going to stay with Mom and then meet us for dinner at the Little Bar afterwards.

One of the best parts of having adult children is that they become such great friends.  Don't get me wrong...there is nothing better than cuddling with babies, nothing sweeter than toddler hugs and kisses, nothing more rewarding than watching children grow and learn, nothing more fun than family game night but having adults who become great friends.....priceless.
 
My "friend", Amy, who is always there to help with Grandma.
 
 
Bosom Buddies.  Frank and Anthony.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.