Sunday, February 9, 2014

Family Supper Sunday

My menu for tonight's dinner with the Klik's is a bit different than what I posted in my Weekly Menu.  But, as is often the case, life got in the way of my plans.  So while the soup and dessert remains the same, the entrée has been changed up to accommodate items that I already have on hand.

I pulled the corn chowder that I put up over the summer out of the freezer.  It will be a taste of sunshine on this cold winter's day.  The Chocolate Bread Pudding is from Cuisine at Home, Issue #55.  The baked bean recipe was my mom's and the scalloped potatoes and baked ham recipes are mine.  Enjoy.


 
Corn Chowder




Baked Beans
2 cans (16 oz.) baked beans (I like Bush's)
1/4 onion, diced
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. ketchup
1 t. yellow mustard
2 dashes hot sauce
3 strips bacon, cooked and diced (optional)

Combine all ingredients in an 8x8 casserole.  Bake at 350* until thickened and bubbly.
Print Recipe



Baked Ham
1 large bone in smoked ham
1 can pineapple slices in natural juices
1 jar maraschino cherries
1 T. brown sugar
1 can Vernors (Vernors is a brand name ginger ale available in Michigan)

Place the ham in a large roasting pan.  Cover with the pineapple slices by skewering a maraschino cheery in the center of each into the ham with a toothpick.  Mix juice from pineapple, vernors and brown sugar together and pour over the ham.  Bake at 350* for 2 hours or until heated through.
Print Recipe



Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin
4-5 Large Russet Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 c. Colby/Jack cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 c. half and half

Layer potatoes and onion in bottom of casserole that has been sprayed with olive oil or cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Repeat layers 3 or 4 times, depending on the dimension of your casserole.  Pour cream over all. Bake in a 350* oven, covered for one hour.  Uncover and continue to bake for 30-45 minutes or until top is golden brown and potatoes are fork tender. Print Recipe

 
Chocolate Bread Pudding with German Chocolate Sauce and Whipped Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.