Thursday, February 6, 2014

Saying Goodbye to Say Goodbye....

I finished "Say Goodbye" by Lisa Gardner last night.  This is the 6th book in the FBI Profiler Series and I have read the preceding books so I pretty much knew what to expect.  Lisa Gardner's books are well written, so well written in fact that I often lose sleep while reading them.  Sometimes that is because they catch you and you don't want to put it down to go to sleep.  Other times it is because they haunt you because she captures the thoughts and feelings of her characters so well. By the very nature of her books, being seen through the eyes of an FBI Profiler, they are all quite dark and full of evil.  Not evil in a science fiction kind of way, or horror story kind of way, but evil in the "oh my God, there are really people like this in the world" kind of way. This book was the type that haunted me.  It is a book full of victims...you never really get to know the original bad guy who created all these subsequent monsters.  But you do get to know his victim and how his victim in turn victimized others.  Just a warning that this book deals with the abduction and rape of young boys and is very disturbing in it's reality. 

 
 
Today I am starting "The Great Divorce" by CS Lewis. I have read and enjoyed "Mere Christianity" and "The Screwtape Letters" so I am looking forward to this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.