Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Last Storm of the Season.....we hope

For the past two day the temps around here have been in the high 40's or low 50's.  We all thought that maybe, just maybe, Spring had sprung.

No such luck.  At 5 am this morning it began snowing and it is expected to continue until around 2 pm with an accumulation of 8-12".  The snow wouldn't be so bad but there are also wind gusts of up to 50 MPH so the Weather Outside is Frightful.



Our remedy for this is that we start a fire and snuggle up with our afghans for a stay home kind of day. Except for Tingting who got up early this morning and made the treacherous drive into work.  She went into work late on Monday and has a Dr. appt. tomorrow morning so will be going in late again so she did not want to miss work again today.  I just spoke with her and she made it safe and sound.

We will be staying home from Soup and Scripture tonight so I am making Chicken and Dumplings using the leftover biscuit dough from last night.

I pray that wherever you are today you are staying warm and safe.  Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wendy with all that snow and you can still be so hopeful! It is only 44* here today but at least the wind isn't blowing. Yesterday we had gusts up to 60. Makes me afraid for tornado season that is coming. Last year we decided that should we be in a warning our 'adopted daughters' husband would come pick up the kids (because they have a basement and we don't) and Richard and I would stay home and pray! But, both Darian and Harley, said "no way". We are all staying together! We are a family and if anyone is going to die in a tornado then we'll do it together". Awesome kids but I don't know what I will really do when that day comes. Stay warm. I think I can smell those chicken and dumplings already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I will pray that there are no tornado's this year and that if there have to be any tornadoes they will be far away from your home.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.