Thursday, June 25, 2015

Book Review-The Dark Witch by Nora Roberts

Kirsten was over the other day and while she was here she dropped off a couple of books that she had completed.  One is a Debbie Macomber book that I haven't picked up yet and the other was the first in a trilogy by Nora Roberts called the Dark Witch.

Front Cover

I am a Nora Roberts fan and love that her books often make me laugh out loud.  This book was no exception.  The characters all have a great, dry sense of humor.  The humor you often see in people who are from Ireland which is where this book is set.  Near the beginning of the book one of the characters mentions a John Wayne movie called The Quiet Man.  This movie was chosen as one of our Food n Flix movies.  I had never seen it before and it was very cheesy and funny, just like this book.  This book portrayed the Irish in the same light as the movie and it was a fun read.

It deals with the supernatural as well as with Nora's normal genre of romance and relationships.  It is the story of cousins who are witches fighting the evil that has been following their family for generations.  It is a classic good vs evil story that has you rooting for the good guys and hissing at the bad guys.  It is a fast, easy read and I am anxious to read the next two books in the series.


They will have to wait a bit though because yesterday I started reading Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri.  This book is the first book being cooked from in a new group that I had told you about the other day called The Book Club Cookbook Cooking Project.  It is not a requirement to read the books each month but I thought it might be fun to do so I picked up the book at the library yesterday.  It is a selection of short stories.  I read the first last night, it was good, held my interest but a little depressing.  I hope they aren't all sad stories.  If you want to join us, whether you read the book or not, just go to Camilla's link above and learn how.

2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.