Saturday, December 10, 2016

Christmas Around the World. Palmiers (French Cinnamon Cookies) #ChristmasCookies

Well, for all the fuss about French pastries and as delicious as they are, I thought these cookies were going to be very labor intensive.  Nope, easy peasy and delicious.  The perfect recipe.  Of course, I cheated and used frozen puff pastry but during this busy time of year and it being the 10th day of our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies event, I'll take any shortcut I can.


I served up these delightful little cinnamon scrolls last night alongside the Creme Brulee that was the finish of my first dinner party of the Christmas season.



Welcome to the 12 Days of Cookies, hosted by Family Around the Table and Cooking With Carlee. We are filling the season with all kinds of delicious cookies.  Be sure to check out some of the recipes below or you can follow along on Facebook or Twitter by searching #ChristmasCookies.  We also have a 12 Days of Cookies Pinterest board where you can see all of the goodness!  May your holidays be sweet!

I have been traveling the globe during this fun event.  I hope you have joined me each day.  It has been a blast.  Today we are visiting France, where they serve up these wonderful cookies called Palmiers at their Christmas celebrations.

I found this recipe at about.com.  It was written by Rebecca Franklin, French Food Expert.  It contains only 5 ingredients and takes only a half hour from start to finish.  Perfect for busy holidays.


Thaw and roll out a sheet of frozen puff pastry.  Spread a cinnamon sugar mixture over it.  Roll up one side to the middle.  Roll up the other side to meet the first side.  Trim the ends, cut into 1/4" slices and bake.  That's it.  Merry Christmas.


Palmiers
Source: Rebecca Franklin, French Food Expert

1/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
3 T. butter, melted
1 sheet store bought puff pastry, thawed if frozen

Stir together the sugar, cinnamon and butter.  On a lightly floured surface or on a sheet of parchment paper, roll the pastry to a large 12"x15" rectangle.  Spread the cinnamon sugar paste in an even layer over the pastry.  Starting at one of the long ends of the pastry, loosely roll it until it meets the middle. Repeat on the other side.  Trim the ends and cut the pastry crosswise into 1/4" slices.  Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400* oven for 12-15 minutes, until puffed and golden brown. Print Recipe

Let's see what the others brought to the 10th Day of #ChristmasCookies







2 comments:

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.