Thursday, December 15, 2016

Hot Buttered Rum #ImprovCookingChallenge


Welcome to this month's edition of the Improv Cooking Challenge where we are each given the challenge of creating a dish featuring the same two ingredients.  This month, hosted by Nicole of Cookaholic Wife, we were given honey and cinnamon to work with as our challenge.

I don't know what the weather is like where you live but I live in Michigan and we had a nice snowstorm come through on Sunday.  We have a beautiful covering of snow that isn't going anywhere soon because the temps are below freezing.  

This makes it a perfect time to light a fire and cozy up with a good book and a warm drink.  The drink I chose to share is a Hot Buttered Rum.....Can you say YUMYUM!!  I'm a poet and didn't know it LOL.

I found this recipe on the Absolut Vodka Website and handed my phone to Frank who is the master bartender in this family.  Then I sat patiently and waited for it to be served.  It was incredible....I am having a dinner party on Friday and I think this is going to be the featured drink.  I will make up a whole batch in the slow cooker so it stays warm and delicious to warm my guests inside and out when they arrive.

Merry Christmas everyone.  Don't forget to check out what the others created using Honey and Cinnamon.  

Hot Buttered Rum
source: Absolutdrinks.com

2 parts Dark Rum
4 parts boiling water
1 part honey
1 t. butter, per drink
nutmeg
lemon
cinnamon sticks

Combine rum, water, honey and butter in a cocktail shaker, large glass, pitcher or slow cooker depending on amount of servings being made.  Pour into wine glasses, sprinkle with nutmeg and garnish with a lemon slice and cinnamon stick.  Print Recipe

Let's see what the others created


11 comments:

  1. That sounds like something I need in my life today, as I sit here with congestion and chilled through thanks to Georgia deciding it's winter after all today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made my own. Definitely going to have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that we both went the hot drink route. I've never had buttered rum, I suppose I should change that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, Alicia...I'm serving them again tonight at a dinner party we are hosting.

      Delete
  5. I have never drank hot buttered rum. I have heard a lot about it. And now I have the recipe!! Thanks Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *might* have a bit of rum left from my Thanksgiving rum cake. (That is, unless the hubs found it for his Cuba Libre...) :D

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.